Sharing knowledge in computer science and psychology to create successful, ethical and effective problem solvers for our society
To provide students with experiential learning opportunities to help them acquire new knowledge to meet the growing demands of a world that keeps changing rapidly
About the Course
Our college offers courses in computer science at an undergraduate level to respond to the rising demand in this field owing to the rapid growth of IT and software industries in the country. A career in Computer Science has been proved lucrative and rewarding since last decade. Students of computer science are trained not only in the use of various software but also have the opportunity to acquire knowledge of operating systems, programming language, data base, etc. With the opening of many software and IT companies in India, the job opportunities for trained professionals have increased considerably.
The course focuses on the scientific study of the human mind and how it dictates and influences our behavior from communication and memory to thought and emotion. The objective is to understand what makes people think and how this understanding can help them address many of the problems and issues in society today. The course focuses on the study of human behavior and the thoughts, feelings, and motivations behind it through observation, measurement and testing in order to form conclusions that are based on sound scientific methodology.
Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Counsellor, Therapist, Lecturer, NGO, Programme Developer and Analyst, Artist, Designer, Engineer, Systems Manager, IT Professional, Public Administrator, Researcher Scholar, Public Relations Officer, etc.
- IKANOS – Intra Departmental Humanities & Science Fest (UG & PG)
- HUMANZA – Inter Collegiate Humanities & Science Fest
- MUGSHOT – National Level Photography Exhibition
- BONSAI – National Level Short Film Festival
- MEDIA BASH – PU/12th Media Fest and Panel Discussion
- Seminar and workshop series
- Journalism: TATTVA MANDALA – Where thought and wisdom converge
- Psychology: YĀNA – a journey towards a better life
- English: LEND ME YOUR EARS
- Political Science: LYCEUM
- Languages: PRABUDH CHARCHA
- PAULA PATRIKA – In house fortnightly newsletter
- COSMOS – In-house half yearly magazine
- DRISHTI – YouTube channel for practical learning
- ST PAULS TV – In house television channel for practical learning
- Visit to NIMHANS brain museum
- Well-equipped psychology, journalism and computer labs
- Industry visits and Internships
- Creative and enriching Outreach activities
- Interaction with authors, poets, psychologists, journalists and industry experts
- Coaching for Competitive Exams
- Advanced Edit Lab and Media Lab
- Research Assistance, Paper Presentations, Fests, etc.
- Placement training – interview skill, group discussion, resume preparation
- Placement Assistance – campus placement drive and campus interview