Gender Equality Cell is established at ST PAULS COLLEGE to ensure that both male and female students and staff enjoy the same rights and opportunities inside the campus and to help build an egalitarian society.
- To create awareness about the need of gender equality
- To promote gender amity among all the college students and staff
- To eliminate deep rooted beliefs of gender bias and gender insensitivity
- To instill positive self-esteem and confidence in both genders.
- To create appropriate environment in the college where students and staff carry out their responsibilities without any disadvantage related to gender bias.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Any complains with regards to the gender inequality and gender-based violence should be reported to the Cell.
- The coordinator along with the members in the Cell will examine and investigate each complaint received with due seriousness and promptness.
- The Cell needs to record complaints or grievances in a register exclusively for this purpose.
- The Cell should take appropriate action on the wrongdoers and ensure such things do not repeated.
- If the case falls outside the purview of the Cell, the complaint will be informed to the Principal. If the case is that of grave nature, legal action will be to be initiated.