Innovation is the buzzword of the 21st century and an educational institution that aims to further the progress of a nation must invest time, energy, and efforts in the direction of building a culture of innovation. The nation has started journeying towards the dream of instilling the spirit of start-up projects even while its future citizens are within the precincts of higher education, this is the primary motivation of ST PAULS COLLEGE, Bengaluru in introducing an Innovation and Start-Up Cell. This policy document is intended for the perusal of the college staff and students. This policy document elucidates the rules governing the creation, ownership, copyrights, and other associated checks and balances with respect to the innovations and start-ups founded by the college and its members both individually and collectively.
To inculcate a culture of innovation in staff and students alike and encourage design thinking for the progress of the institution and thereby the nation
To set up a dynamic space that serves as an incubation centre for innovative projects and aligns the institution and its members with the larger mission of nation-building
- To promote students’ start-up initiatives in college
- To improve innovation, creativity and design thinking among the participants and to establish a full-fledged incubation centre in the institution.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- To encourage a habit of self-reliance in line with the vision of the nation’s policy of innovation
NISP Committee Members
- Rev Fr Dr Thomas M J – Principal – Chairperson
- Dr Babu V – IIC Vice President
- Mr Gowtham R – Convener