Sharing knowledge in computer science to create successful, ethical and effective problem solvers for our society
To provide students with experiential learning opportunities to help them acquire new knowledge to meet the growing demands of a world that keeps changing rapidly
About the Course
The Department of Computer Science at ST PAULS COLLEGE offers professional courses in Computer Application. In this age of modern Technology and digitalization, adequate knowledge about information technology and Applications is indispensable as it helps individuals to have distinct advantages over the others. Bachelor of Computer Applications is a three-year undergraduate programme that focuses on Information Technology and computer applications. The course imparts knowledge about different Computer Applications and how to address and solve problems that arise from various computer applications. The course includes subjects such as core programming languages such as Java, OOPS, Machine Learning, Computer Architecture data structure, Networking and others. BCA provides various opportunities to the students who wish to pursue their career in IT and software. The students gain knowledge on topics like Programming Languages, Hardware and Software, Computer Networks, World Wide Web, Database Management, Software Engineering, etc. A candidate shall be awarded the Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Applications (B.C.A.) after the successful completion of the course that lasts for three years and an Honours in B.C.A. after 4 years.
Software Publishers, Information System Managers, Database Administrators, System Analysts, Chief Information Officers, Computer Graphics, Internet Technologies, Accounting Applications, Personal Information Management, Systems Analysts, Web Developers, Network Administrators, System Managers, Computer Programmers, Software Developers, Software Testers, etc.
- TECHNOVATION – Intra Collegiate IT Fest
- ORACLE – Inter Collegiate ITFest
- TRIATHLON – Intra Departmental Collegiate Fest
- APEIRON – Guest lecture from industry experts
- Industry visits and Internships
- National/International Conferences
- Hands on Skill Development Workshops
- Monthly Seminars And Webinars
- Awareness Programs on Emerging Technologies
- Outreach Activities
- Advanced Computer Lab
- Research Assistance, Paper Presentations, Fests, etc.
- Placement Training – interview skill, group discussion, resume preparation
- Placement Assistance – campus placement drive and campus interview