At the conclusion of course students are able to:
- Understand the core foundations of ethics in regards to computer security
- Gain a basic understanding of security policy
- Learn about basic system defense infrastructure.Learn about the hacker mindset and the history of hackers
About the Course
Duration: 60 hrs theory + 30 hrs practical + 10 Project/Self-Study
Ethical Hacking is one of the most popular courses with the increase in people’s interest in internet security and ways for keeping one’s personal security safe and secure from different people. Ethical Hacking falls under various branches including Cyber Security courses, Networking, CSE, Information Technology, etc. The syllabus for Ethical Hacking Course provided by ST PAULS COLLEGE includes topics that are common in different Ethical Hacking Courses like Cyber Ethics-Hacking Introduction, Information Gathering, Scanning and many more.
Ethical Hacking course also covers tools and techniques that are used by hackers and penetration testers.
This Seminar will educate the student into an interactive environment where they will be shown about how to scan, test, hack and secure their systems. Students will understand how our defense measure works and then scan their networks & attack their own. On completion of the session students will be able to identify the different threats posed by hackers and other malicious attackers and how to protect our network & devices from those attacks.
The Practical modules are designed for providing a comprehensive ethical hacking and penetration testing training and covers various topics. Here is a list of topics that are covered.
|· Malware Threats|
|· Session Hijacking|
|· System Hacking|
|· Hacking Wireless Networks|
|· Hacking Web Servers|
|· SQL Injection|
|· Cloud Computing|
Information Security Overview – Information Security Threats and Attack Vectors – Hacking Concept Ethical Hacking Concepts – Information Security Controls – Penetration Testing Concepts – Information Security Laws and Standards.
Footprinting Concepts – Footprinting through Search Engines – Footprinting through Web Services – Footprinting through Social Networking Sites – Website Footprinting – Email Footprinting – Competitive Intelligence – Whois Footprinting – DNS Footprinting – Network Footprinting – Footprinting Through Social Engineering – Footprinting Tools – Footprinting Countermeasures – Footprinting Penetration Testing.
Network Scanning Concepts – Scanning Tools – Scanning Techniques – Scanning Beyond IDS and Firewall – Banner Grabbing – Draw Network Diagrams – Scanning Pen Testing.
Enumeration Concepts – NetBIOS Enumeration – SANP Enumeration – LDP Enumeration – SMTP and DNS Enumeration – Other Enumeration Techniques – Enumeration Countermeasures – Enumeration Pen Testing
Cryptography Concepts – Encryption Algorithms – Cryptography Tools – Public Key Infrastructure – Email Encryption Disk Encryption Cryptanalysis – Countermeasures
Introduction, single state case, elements of reinforcement learning, temporal difference learning, generalization, partially observed state.
- Key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management process, and penetration testing.
- Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, competitive intelligence gathering and countermeasures.
- Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures.
- Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures.
- System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks.
- Windows OS Security. Hacking Into System by Changing Passwords & Getting Access to System by Elevating Privileges and to bypass The Windows Security.
- Operating System Attacks, Misconfiguration Attacks, Application-Level Attacks, Examples of Application-Level Attacks, Shrink Wrap Code Attacks.
- Different types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures.
- Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures.
- Virus creation in computer using Batch file programming, HTML & VB Script.
- Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing.
- Social Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures.
- DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures.
- Find security issues, verify vulnerability mitigations & manage security assessments with Metasploit.
- The cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability to exploit client-side web application vulnerability.
- Web server Attacks – Directory Traversal Attacks, HTTP Response Splitting Attack, Web Cache Poisoning Attack, HTTP Response Hijacking, SSH Brute force Attack, Web server Password Cracking, Web Application Attacks.
- Hacking: The Art of Exploitation is a book written by Jon Erickson.
- The Basics of Hacking and Penetration Testing is written by Patrick Engebretson.
- Penetration Testing, a security expert, researcher, and trainer is written by Georgia Weidman.
- Hacking: Computer Hacking, Security Testing is a book written by Gary Hall.