To set world standards in the field of journalism and communication to build a knowledge-driven society characterized by human and social values.
- To promote new ideas, creativity and research in the field media
- To improve and strengthen media literacy among students
- To prepare students to be ready for a media industry
About the Course
Our Master of Arts in Journalism And Mass Communication programme not only focuses on journalism across all media, but also backs it up with modules on design of the newspaper, advertising, writing skills, video production, photography and corporate communication, and thus opens up several career pathways to the students. These modules on journalism rest on a strong foundation of contemporary history, polity, social sciences, environment, computer science and research. Our state-of-the-art media lab and studio offers excellent facilities for developing practical media skills, so critical to a student’s future career. The program in mass communication has a multi-pronged approach towards subjects like print, broadcast, video, film and new age media. Our students will have opportunities to visit foreign countries and various states in the country to participate in film festivals, competitions, fests etc. They will have the opportunity to present and publish research papers in seminars and conferences, participate in debate and talk shows in media houses on various topics. The expansive, vital and rapidly changing roles of communication are covered in great depth. The degree will open the doors to numerous careers in all sorts of media and industries like advertising, public relations, marketing, and in areas such as health care, politics, gaming, and entertainment.
Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Counsellor, Therapist, Lecturer, NGO, Programme Developer and Analyst, Artist, Designer, Engineer, Systems Manager, IT Professional, Public Administrator, Researcher Scholar, Public Relations Officer, etc.
- PAPYRUS: Intra Departmental PG and UG Media Fest
- DAILY CHRONICLE: In-house Daily Newsletter
- IKANOS: Intra Departmental Humanities & Science Fest (UG & PG)
- HUMANZA: Inter Collegiate Humanities & Science Fest
- MUGSHOT: National Level Photography Exhibition
- BONSAI: National Level Short Film Festival
- LENCA: Monthly coffee table book photo magazine
- ST PAULS TV: In-house Television channel for practical learning
- TATTVA MANDALA – Where thought and wisdom converge
- MEDIA BASH – PU/12th Media Fest and Panel Discussion
- National/International Conferences
- Industry Visits and Mandatory Internships
- Creative And Enriching Outreach Activities
- Interaction with authors, poets, psychologists, journalists and industry experts
- Coaching For Competitive Exams
- Regular workshops, seminars, conferences and guest talks
- Advanced Edit Lab and Media Lab
- Research Assistance, Paper Presentations, Fests, etc.